The Prefects’ Council is the apex student body that with the teaching staff shoulders the responsibility of successfully implementing the curriculum and upholding the rules and regulations for strict maintenance of discipline. They are torchbearers of successful and responsible student leadership. They serve not only as exemplars for their peers and juniors but are also a source of inspiration and motivation for their successors. The best among them leave a lasting impression on Mayoorites for years to come.
The prefects are carefully chosen on the basis of academic record and participation in co-curricular activities. The names of prospective candidates for prefectship are recommended by a panel of senior teachers. These candidates of class XII with excellent academic and co-curricular accomplishments and proven record of responsibility and leadership shown are finally selected on the basis of an interview with the Principal.
Composition of the Prefects’ council:
- School Head Boy
- School Head Girl
- School Sports Captains
- School Activity Captains
- House Captains of all four houses
- School Prefects
Roles and Responsibilities of the Prefects.
- Observing and obeying the rules themselves while directing others to do so.
- Upholding the responsibility, trust and honour associated with the post.
- Exercising the responsibilities wisely and with dignity.
- Making the school a good and happy home for everyone associated with the school.
- Having a non-partisan and non-discriminatory approach whilst exercising their authority.